Michelle’s Recipe Corner
Mother’s Day is just around the corner (I know it’s hard to believe with all of the wonderful weather we have had)! That got me to thinking about one of my Mom’s favorite recipes. I’m not sure how I did not acquire the joy of coconut but she keeps telling me “One day I will grow up”. It has worked with many things, just not coconut!
We all have memories of things our mother’s have taught us or said to us that have stuck with us through the years. No matter how big or small we should always remember to tell her “Thank You and I Love You “ for those memories!
Coconut Pudding Dessert
2 cups coconut
1 cup oleo
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
2 pkgs. instant coconut cream pudding
3 1/2 cups milk
8 oz. Cool Whip
- Mix coconut, oleo, flour and sugar until crumbly.
- Toast on a cookie sheet at 300º for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spread 1/2 crumbs in a 9×13 pan.
- Mix pudding with milk.
- Pour on cooled crumbs.
- Top with Cool Whip and remaining crumbs.
- Chill until set, then cut and serve.